The months are just flying by. Makenzie is halfway through her first year of life and she is such a joy to have around. She has the most adorable smile and smiles all the time but for some reason I can't capture it with my camera. Even while she's crying if you smile at her she will crack a smile mid cry another DRAMA queen in the making? Makenzie has been scooting around for a few weeks now but she's really starting to pick up some speed. She's just barely discoverd that she can use her arms to help her scoot. Before it was a knee and head scoot ::sigh:: so cute! Makenzie can also sit up by herself anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on how quickly she gets distracted or over excited. Currently her favorite food is avacado and she will only put a bottle in her mouth if it has water in it.
FOURTH OF JULY
One of my favorite things about the 4th is that Dan only works until 5pm. We had a bbq/pool party with all the people from the office. Afterwards Dan and I took the girls to go watch the Mount Trashmore fireworks from the Kmart parking lot. Sounds a little WT ok alot but we live right behind the Kmart and it had a pretty good view, and who really wants to deal with all the people and traffic, especially while toting tired kids around.
Kaitlyn at the pool before the bbq wondering where all her friends are...
Makenzie LOVED her first forward facing stroller ride, she laughed the entire time
Daddy and the girls before the fireworks
We saw the Johns at the Kmart parking lot and enjoyed the fireworks with them in the back of their truck
LAZY WEEKEND
Friday night Kaitlyn started to feel pretty crummy and had a fever. So her weekend pretty much consisted of sitting on the couch staring- I would occasionally turn on Dora, Diego, or Little Einsteins -and falling asleep on the floor.
Having a sick kid is always sad, but I did enjoy only having to clean up after Makenzie ;) Yesterday Kaitlyn was still feeling awful and burning up so I took her to the doctor and the poor girl has an ear infection. I was just glad it's nothing contagious. And today she is feeling much better!

5 people care:
You guys are so darling! I'm happy to hear that Kaitlyn is doing better, the poor little thing. So, how much longer till you four are home? We're missing you!
Rick agrees on the missing the crowds when it comes to the 4th. It is just fun to be around family. Ear infections are not fun. Taylor struggled with them and ended up with tubes in both ears. It sounds sick but I enjoyed it when a little one was under the weather. Gave me an excuse to sit and/or lie on the couch with them and "rest". LOL.
Hope to see you guys soon.
The Ferrels
Lydia
Youguys are so lucky to have two such adorable girls. Im glad you had a good fourth. It sounded just like ours. Imagine that(: Well miss youguys. I can't wait for this summer to be over.
Lydia
Youguys are so lucky to have two such adorable girls. Im glad you had a good fourth. It sounded just like ours. Imagine that(: Well miss youguys. I can't wait for this summer to be over.
christi
Lydia I love the pictures. I am glad you had a great 4th of July. We stayed away from the crowds too...we watched fireworks from a school playground. :) BTW thanks for sending me Maddie's swim skirt...she was so happy. You are the best!!!
Post a Comment