Ever since we've had kids, Dan has always driven out by himself for the summer and I got fly out with the kids. But this summer we decided it made more sense to drive out all together. Our deal was that he got to drive the whole way and I got to deal with the kids. I think we were both pretty happy with that arrangement.
The girls started out happy and hyper.
The girls started out happy and hyper.
Then about an hour into the drive Makenzie started complaining that her tummy hurt. I thought she was just hungry since she didn't really eat breakfast but a few minutes later...yup she up chucked. Luckily she was holding a cardboard book in her lap so most of it landed there and all over her shirt. So after a quick stop on the side of the road to change her clothes and wipe off the book we were back on our way. And shortly after that we had some quiet in the back seat.
Yay for sleeping kids! at the same time too!!
After a lunch the girls enjoyed some coloring, and luckily Makenzie's tummy didn't bother her anymore.
The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful...and all I have to say is thank goodness for the dvd player. We stayed the night at a hotel in Amarillo. Kaitlyn was soooooo funny, she gets excited about hotels everything in the room was just so awesome to her.
Day 2 - luckily was a much shorter drive! We all started out happy...
and ended like this...
My parents live on the way to Tyler so we stopped by their house on our way and dropped Kaitlyn and Makenzie off to stay for a few days so I can get all settled in.
Oh and Heidi was awesome, she just slept the whole time...seriously such an angel baby!
Oh and Heidi was awesome, she just slept the whole time...seriously such an angel baby!

1 people care:
I care. I love you Lyd. Miss you. I wish you lived here. You must come back. Your girls are getting big since I last saw them. We have a guest room for you now.
Post a Comment