Sunday, June 15, 2008

Grandma Time


This past week Dan's mom came and visited. We had a lot of fun spending time with her. While she was here we went and saw Kung Fu Panda cute but didn't hold Kaitlyn's attention too well due to the lack of princesses, and we went to the Norfolk Children's Musem which was unfortunately the only time I busted out the camera

The first area you walk into is a pretend town with city vehicles, post office, doctors office, bank, and a grocery store. The first things Kaitlyn noticed were the bus and the firetruck, and trying to convince her that there were other fun things to do and see was near impossible, but we managed...eventually


I'm not sure what the significance of this gigantic purple chair is but here we are. We attempted to get Kaitlyn in the picture with us, but apparently there were much cooler things around and her excitement could not be contained.


I was so proud of my little shopper. She only put produce in her basket, didn't even look twice at the ice cream and cookies. And now whenever she gets hungry she tells me that she needs to eat her vegetables or a salad.


There was also a bubble room there with this cool little contraption.


Minus a few melt downs, we had a pretty fun time at the Children's Museum. And of course LOVED having Grandma around!

4 people care:

Chad & Dawn Howey

oh yeah.. on since you posted this ON FATHERS DAY.. we shall not forget Dan.. Happy Father's Day Dan!!! at least I remembered!!


Love all the cute pics. looks like you guys had fun with Mary. It is always fun to spend time with Grandma's..

HomeschoolRulz3

I miss going to those fun places for the little ones. The girls are so adorable. Weather here is finally warming up. Tell Kaitlyn Shelby says hi.

Saedi

That is so much fun. You know the Gateway Mall has a Children's Museum like that, we should take the kids sometime when you get back. I love it that Kaitlyn is so into the fruits and veggies, what a good girl!

BCOOPER

grandmas are the best. looks like you all had fun while she visited! your girls are growing up so fast. excited to see you in a week!