Saturday, March 29, 2008

Join the club...


All my life I have found myself going through the same cycle...I grow my hair out long, and then I chop it all off, grow it long, chop it off. Two years ago when I did my last chop don't worry not my last haircut, I still get my trims the girl suggested donating it to Locks of Love, so I did. On Thursday I went in for my much needed haircut and decided I might as well do the chop and donate again. The following day my sister Emily inspired by me chopped her hair and donated it too. And from that sprung the idea of making a tradition (club) of it. I invited my sister Dawn to join us, but her husband has a thing for long hair so she declined. Don't worry Dawn we still love you. But now Emily and I want to extend the invitation to all of our long haired friends out there and no offense to the short haired ones...go chop and donate your hair! It's time for a new Spring do, it's an easy way to lose some weight;) and most importantly it's for a great cause!




***That's Emily's hair at the top, she donated a whopping 14 inches! I only had 11 to give. And the girl cutting my hair told me about a lady who just donated 51 inches (I find that much hair a little disturbing)

13 people care:

Emily R

way cute la!
i think 51 inches is disturbing too... kinda gross...???

The Thatchers

WOW!! 51 inches?? That is nasty, I am sure that they found some animals living in it!! I love your hair Lyd, you look great!!

Jennifer

You girls are awesome! I don't think anyone would ever take my hair since it is so fried between coloring it, blow drying it and Flat ironing it! You look hot!

Emily B.

51 inches? How is that even possible? I wish I could join the club, but my hair is still growing out from my last chop/donation last year. I LOVE the short hair on you!!

Unknown

11 inches is still a lot to give! I didn't realize your hair was that long?

Sarah Hawkins

Cute hair cut!

Chad & Dawn Howey

I have donated several times. Just not wanting to do it now. I like my long hair.

The Farnsworth Family

Lyd I love your hair cut! Good for you guys and your chopping for a cause :) I don't have enough hair. But every summer I always seem to take it shorter :)

Anonymous

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ellis family

Love the Haircut! You look so cute with short hair!

Marlon & Koya Simpson

Lyd, You are such a responsible woman, great haircut...looking a little Posh Spice...huh?! love

Saedi

Seriously, I love your haircut too! And the 51 inches thing, seriously freaking me out. I can't believe you only had 11 inches, that was alot of hair to lose, can you imagine how long 51 inches would be? SCARY! But, that's enough to make about 5 wigs, so maybe we should all shoot for that in the future, eh?

Lindsey from The R House

it's SOOO cute! way hot. i love it on you.