Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our Trip to Texas

Last week Makenzie, Kaitlyn, and I took a trip to Texas to visit my parents, my sister Cherry and her kids who we haven't seen in more than a year, and Emily and her kids. We also got to see a lot of my aunt Steph who is basically like a sister since we're so close in age and she even lived with us for a few years. Dan had to spend the week in AZ so he missed out on all the fun but he did get to have fun with Dawn and Chad.

My parents just moved to TX so it was fun to go through and see all of the stuff that had been in storage while they were living in Hawaii...it brought back a lot of old memories.

Kaitlyn LOVED having cousins to play with, and since we've been home she's been asking to play with all of them. This was the first time that we got to meet Max in person since he's been born. And like I mentioned in a previous post he his such a happy and a sweet little boy, I just feel SO AWFUL about his little finger. Yes that is a sock on his hand to help prevent him from using it

Besides attempting to go through my parents piles and piles and piles of stuff and causing a traumatizing trip to the hospital, we played at the park, watched some cheesey movies, played some Rock Band, jumped on the trampoline, went to the zoo, and ate at Cheesecake Factory.

We had so much fun, but I think Kaitlyn might miss Texas the most. She will occasionally pitch fits because she doesn't want to be back in Utah, she wants to be at Gramdma's house (or Emily's house) in Texas. In her own words "I no like Utah, I like Texas"




And because she's so stinkin cute all bundled up...I just couldn't resist

5 people care:

Jennifer

looks like you had fun! I feel like Kaitlyn sometimes... "I no like Utah, I like California." I think I'm just sick of the cold and really ready for some sunshine!

The Thatchers

Fun!! I didn't even know you went to Texas, what a bad friend I am!! Are you going to go there in the summer??

Chad & Dawn Howey

Looks like a FUN trip. So wish I could have been there with my kids that week. but I am glad we got to hang out with Dan a few times while he was here in AZ. LOVE YA

Emily R

it was sure fun!!! thanks for posting pics!!!

Emily B.

Looks like fun! And you missed the snow from last week! I'm really bummed I didn't get to see you, but hopefully you'll be back again soon and I won't be sick this time (or busy with stupid work!).