Sunday, October 28, 2007

Campaign promises moms want to hear...

One of my favorite parts or Parenting Magazine is the funny little blurbs they have at the end. I thought this was pretty funny here's a sampling from November's issue....

1. The IRS will allow you to write off up to 100 lost barrettes, socks, pacifiers, mittens, stuffed animals, and blankies per annum

2. National and local weather alerts will also be able to predict temper tantrums.

3. Familes will receive a free Toddler GPS system - complete with cookie-jar alarm - upon their child's first birthday or first steps, whichever comes first

4. The National Institutes of Health will give a large grant to find a cure for stretch marks by the year 2010.

5. Beginning with 2009 models, all family cars will have to come equipped with sound proof barriers behind front seats
(I have wished I had this many times before. Although now that Kaitlyn's getting older it is fun to hear her random thoughts and singing)

6. Dads will be required to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door (and, therefore, the parade of cranky nightwalkers in footy pajamas)

and my personal favorite....

7. For every hour of baby-induced sleep deprivation you endure, the government will compensate you with a state-sponsered spa experience, including a 60-minute stone massage, aromatherapy facial, and all the things you'd dream of if you ever got any sleep.

***I really do LOVE being a mom, there is nothing better. And despite a past entry which might suggest otherwise Kaitlyn really is the sweetest most thoughtful daughter...She's just a 2 year old trying to figure out all her emotions, and I'm just a mom that needs to be a little more patience.

5 people care:

Jennifer

Lydia, you are so sweet and an awesome mommy. Kaitlyn is so lucky to have such a great mom. I think my kids would appreciate the sound proof barrier more then me. Then I could sing along to the music and they could watch Star Wars :)

Jaime

Now that you said it...we should go to the SPA! How's the Grand Wailea sound to you?

Kendria

Lydia, holy cow. Found your blog through Sara Hawkins. Good to see you're doing well! Just thought I'd say hi. ~ Brandon Holyoak

Kendria

Lydia, holy cow. Found your blog through Sara Hawkins. Good to see you're doing well! Just thought I'd say hi. ~ Brandon Holyoak

Chad & Dawn Howey

LOVE it... I wish for many of those same things.. To bad elections are all about Gays and Taxes!! I like the spa treatments and weather predictions!!!

LOVE YA