Friday, May 2, 2008

4 Months


I can't believe another month has just flown by. Makenzie is definately growing up way too fast. We went to the dr. today and in 2 months she has gained almost 3 pounds and grown 5 inches. I doubted for a brief minute if Makenzie could really be mine and Dan's child since she is in the 95th percentile for her height 50th for weight. But then I remembered how at the hospital they basically super glued her ID patch on her chest so the odds of a mix up are pretty slim.

Makenzie loves looking at her fingers, sucking on her shirt, covering her face with her balnkets and burp cloths, scooting around in circles on her back, rolling over back to tummy, reading books and singing songs with Kaitlyn, and cuddling.

Since Makenzie will not take a bottle we decided it was time to start up on the rice cereal. She did surprisingly well...She swallowed about half of the cereal, and the other half didn't quite make it to her mouth due to the fact that her older sister wouldn't stop trying to help me feed her. Oh the joys of a well intending, over helpful, stubborn child.

10 people care:

Emily R

oh the joys of being a mom. she is really SOOOO cute!!! miss you and cant wait till JUNE!!! (it's only a week away, cause mother's day doesnt count, and then it's our bdays then...) haha... ;)

Alison and Bryan Packard

Hey Lydia-

This is Reid Lowther. Not sure if you remember me at all, but I was looking at the 1998 reunion page and came across your sister and saw you as well.
Cute kids, our blog is erinandreidlowther.blogspot.com
No kids yet, but we're been tryin'
Hope all is well!
-Reid

Marlon & Koya Simpson

maybe Kenz will be a 6 footer?!been there with the no bottle! what cute girls ...

The Farnsworth Family

Lyd I just love your girls. They are so cute. We found out if the child is hungry enough he/she will eventually take a bottle. You gotta love being a mom!

Jennifer

Gosh those girls are too cute!!

Unknown

SO cute!
Such a fun age!

Anderson Adventures

Lydia
Mackenzie and Kaitlyn are adorable. I can't believe either how fast she has grown. She is starting to form her little characteristics and I love her little smile. We miss youguys and hope you are having a great time in Virginia. Tell Kaitlyn and Dan hi for us.

Janni

you guys make such cute little girls!

Chad & Dawn Howey

so cute... I can't believe how big she is getting. Can't wait to see you all in june. we will have a fun time. Love ya.

The Wallin's

She is soo cute Lydia! She looks like a perfect mix between you two. Can you believe its already summer again!? I hope your having fun in Virginia Beach!