Monday, December 3, 2007

SNOW

*Background info - it snowed over the weekend and I left my car out in the driveway so it was covered in snow. Yesterday rather than spending 30 min to de-snow the car before church we decided it would be easier to switch the car seat over to Dan's car. Last night the wind was super strong and howling all night so when we woke up in the morning my car had provided a nice wall for all of the snow to build up against making a huge pile of snow infront of the garage where Dan's car was parked. We haven't invested in a snow shovel yet, and being the first house to close in our neighborhood we have no neighbors to borrow from.


Lydia: Why don't you take my car today, I can just stay home
Dan: No I can get out of here
Lydia: Are you sure, that's a pretty big pile of snow and you're not driving a big ol' truck
Dan: Ya I can make it, I'll just go real fast...

Needless to say, the car did not make it through the pile of snow (top picture taken at 5:30pm and bottom picture taken at 2pm so a lot of the snow has melted, it was almost knee high at time of Dan's attempt to plow through it). We ended up using our dust pan to shovel a path out for Dan to take my car for the day, so I'm still stuck at home with our car hanging mostly out of our garage. And on his way home, Dan will be buying a snow shovel.

11 people care:

Jennifer

I love that you used a dust pan!

The Thatchers

Ha ha, that is awesome!!

Emily R

ooooh the snow... how fun. i hope you take kaitlyn to sled around in all the vacant lots? or make snow angels?

Lindsey Kilpatrick

I can just picture it now. Good thing you have no neighbors watching you shovel snow with a dust pan. I hope Dan did the shoveling and you watched from the window.

Chunky Monkey

Lydia you guys are so funny.Hey...where is the belly shot that I requested?I miss the snow!!And YOU for that matter.Hey I have an idea...how bout we come to visit you and visit the snow.Hopefully soon.:(We will get there!

Chad & Dawn Howey

Lyd...
Sorry I haven't commented... I have been really busy.. BUT who isnt this time of year. basically PRIMARY has filled my mind for the past several weeks and I havent even sat at the computer to update my blog or check out others' BUT YEAH... I am taking a few minutes now... LOVE the snow pic. Kinda makes me want to come visit... but KINDA makes me want to stay warm here in AZ.. FYI... I WILL fo' sure get up there when you have your baby.. LET me know if you want me while you have mom there or afterwards. You are so cute. Cant wait to see you and dan and kaitlyn and the new house. LOVE YA

The Wallin's

That sucks! I can't believe all that snow!

Ellis family

Hey Lydia! It's katie Form Chicago, but actually now Minnesota! I can't believe we were in the same state this summer! Where were you guys?!? We moved to Chaska, MN which is like 20 miles west of Minneapolis in May. How have you guys been? And another baby how fun! Email me and I need your new address! katie_r_ellis@hotmail.com or you can call me 952-288-8940 You guys look great and she is just too cute! Oh and we are coming to Utah next week, I would love to get together with you if at all possible!

GregHansenfam

I LOVE stories like that! They just make us laugh.

The Wallin's

I got it at BabySyle for 30% off

Dallings

This is why I love AZ. Mowing the lawn is a joy compared to shoveling in the freezing cold.