Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hawaii

Kaitlyn and I left for Hawaii last Friday. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to get together with Dawn and her kids, and Emily and her kids. We are all so excited to be here visiting Grandma, Grandpa, and Steph! However I do feel really bad about leaving Dan in Minnesota all by himself working hard every day :(

The flight here was LONG: sharing a seat with Kaitlyn, smashed between 2 people, for 8 hours is not my idea of fun....but at least it was direct and it was much better than my sister Emily's flight out here with her kids Emo's Story . Once we arrived in Honolulu I came to a realization that I don't care too much for those people who come and squeeze their way infront of you while you are waiting (only a foot or two away) from the baggage claim carrousel and then when you go up to try to get your bag they don't budge....uhhh do you not see me????


This picture of Ashlyn, my Mom, Kaitlyn, and Charity was taken a few hours after we got to my parents house (which would have been about midnight Minnesota time)....needless to say Kaitlyn was so tired she was extremly slap-happy. I'm not quite sure why Ashlyn and Charity don't have shirts on, but Kaitlyn isn't dressed because she had spilt Jamba Juice all over her clothes.



After all that jumping on the trampoline the girls got in the bath and put on their new matching pajamas...so fun! Ash cracks me up, she is such a little diva...always posing for the camera- this is what I like to call her Paris Hilton pose.

Since we have been here Kaitlyn's favorite activity has been jumping on the trampoline, she wants to do it first thing when she wakes up, and would do it all day everyday if she could.

Today Grandma got out a bucket filled with water and some paintbrushes and Kaitlyn (along with all of her cousins and all the other kids on the block) had so much fun "painting" the driveway.


You may be thinking...."where are the beach pictures?" Well Kaitlyn is not too fond of the beach. She doesn't mind the water so much, but she is TERRIFIED of the sand! She cracks me up beacuse she is the biggest freak about being clean and will not touch the sand. Kind of annoying, but hopefully by the end of the week we will be able to get rid of her OCD, and get some cute pics of her at the beach.

3 people care:

The Farnsworth Family

What fun pics! I love to see how much fun you guys are having. I love the nakey girls and the princess cousins. So FUN! Your mom's house looks so cute. I am so glad you guys are having the time of your life!

Jennifer

I love the trampoline "girls gone wild." They are such cute cousins. They are lucky to have such great moms to let them have adventures like these together.

Cherry Allen

I love the pics! Sarah had the same issue with grass and dirt when she was about the same age. I am glad to see she has gotten over her fear. These photos look just like the ones I have of my kids while we were there... I wish we were there with you all...