Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hi



The summer is finally over and we are (have been for 2 weeks now) back at home in Utah. We actually flew home on Dan's Birthday! I always feel bad because ever since we have been married we've been traveling home on all but one of his brithdays. This year I got him some new BYU apparel for the football games. And here he is just taking it all in before the first game. Go COUGS!


Kaitlyn was so excited to get back to Utah (although she really misses Virginia pool and her friends Alex and JJ) When we got back to our house, it felt like Christmas because she was so excited to see all of the toys we left behind. She kept saying "I remember this!" and "this is familiar!". Kaitlyn loves to help me make things in the kitchen and one day for lunch she decided to turn her barbeque chicken sandwhich into a smushed raspberry barbeque chicken sandwhich. Sounds really gross to me, but she insisted that it was "delicious" and "the best ever".




Makenzie is 8 1/2 months old now. She was a little confused when we got back to Utah and wanted to wake up at 4am, and wasn't too fond of her crib. But she got over that within a few days. Makenzie babbles all the time and can carry on quite the conversation. She sometimes feels that using her fingers to eat is a waste of time and energy,so she just dives right into the food mouth first. Makenzie is my little head shaker...she shakes her head when she's tired, when she's done eating, and when she dances. She really cracks me up.

12 people care:

Rebekah

Welcome back to utah!! I bet it feels so good to have another summer behind you...at least that is how I feel. I have just been working and Doug's in school...but if you ever want to get together give me a call!
love, Rebekah

scott wallentine

Yes, welcome back! I've been here for over a month so it seems weird to think you guys just made it back. I bet you're loving being at home and having all the "normal" things instead of just the summer stuff. I am!

laci

Ok, that was weird... I didn't know my dad was still logged in to his email. It's me - Laci! :)

HomeschoolRulz3

The girls are so cute! Raspberry barbque chicken sounds great! What a wonderful creation.

Kathleen

raspberry BBQ chicken definitely sounds like it could catch on. You should probably get her audition tape into TOP Chef now, I think it could take a while to process. "this looks familiar!" that just cracks me up!

congrats on making it home! and i am sure you are all very excited about the most recent BYU football game-- i think i might be a fan!

Traci

It sure is nice to be back home! I got quite the laugh of that cute picture of Makenzie! How sweet! And Kaitlyn, what a cutie-so clever!
Well I hope to see more of you guys soon! Rem left his golf clubs in Dan's car, so even if that's an excuse to come visit, we might just take it!
Oh and glad to hear that Makenzie is past that awful time change adjustment, it's rough!

Emily R

yay for an update! see ya fri!!! WOO HOO cant wait to see you and your kiddos! ;)

Jennifer

glad you're back. Ruby River actually has one of my favorite entrees called Raspberry Chicken. Watch out Iron Chef here comes Kaitlyn. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

The Thatchers

YAY!! An update!! So were you guys the only ones at the BYU game??? Or did you just get there SO early that no one else was there?? Ha ha, just kidding. That is so funny that Kenzie shakes her head...so does Brynlee!!

GregHansenfam

She is so cute! We went the the first BYU game this season & took our girls. I am sure they didn't get into the game as much as we did, but it was fun. :)

Chunky Monkey

Hey you!!

Leigh

Lydia!!

I've been snooping around and found you! Your girls are adorable. You are coming back to Utah at the BEST time of the year. I'm so jealous. Fall just isn't quite the same in AZ.