Sunday, January 13, 2008

The fairy is gone....

My mom - the laundry doing, bed making, kitchen cleaning, bath giving, meal making, grocery shopping (and basically every other function I usually have to do) fairy - left yesterday, so today was the first day that the reality of having 2 kids sunk in. Not that today was anything difficult...Makenzie basically sleeps all day anyways...it was just nice to have Kaitlyn constantly entertained (and of course having my mom around too). One of my favorite things about having my mom around was that every night my mom and Kaitlyn would pick out books to read together the next morning and put them by the door of the guest room allowing Dan and I to sleep in.

As usual I am the worst at taking pictures, but here's what I got of the last week. Mostly just of Kaitlyn and Makenzie because every time Kaitlyn sits down next to Makenzie she tells me to take pictures of them.

Also I would like to know if it's just my family (due to my mom's obssesion with vaseline) or if it happens to everyone, but do most 2 year olds find the tub of vaseline and manage to cake 2 inches of it all over themselves and everything else within a 5 foot radius?

13 people care:

Emily R

yay for an update!! ok, i am going to have to tell big-o that he si not byu approved for a beardcard! cant wait to see you!!! love all the pics! your kids are ADORABLE!!!

Chad & Dawn Howey

SOOOOO cute... I call DIBS on a NAP with KINZ... Seeing Steph doing that gets me so excited to feel that baby breathing that is SOOOO soothing and relaxing. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. LOVE YA.. Kiss your girls from me.

Meg and Abe

My sister did the vassaline thing too and she caked it into her hair and they couldn't get it all out for about a week! not a pretty thing.

Unknown

She is so adorable Lydia!!! She's got hair. Dark hair!
Reality is hard to face once the house is quite and all the help is gone! It was hard for me to adjust because the first week Tyler had off then the second my mom had off-- so I had lots of help!
Hope your doing good!

Marlon & Koya Simpson

Congratulations! What a precious little thing! Big Hugs and Kisses

Jennifer

What cute sisters they are. You are going to have so much fun with them! As for the fairy...I'm seriously considering the kind that you can hire!

BCOOPER

lyd...thanks for posting more pics. isn't the sisterly love so dang cute. love it!

Sarah Hawkins

Your girls are the CUTEST little things!

Janni

Congratulations! Let me know if I can do ANYTHING for you!

Jaime

Grandmas rock! I don't think my parents actually realize I will be moving back in with them in April.

Lindsey from The R House

i love love love love LOVE (did i mention LOVE?) #6. so darling!

Lindsey Kilpatrick

What a doll! You guys did a great job ;) It is crazy how fast they grow. Keep the pictures coming!!

I totally miss my "everything fairy" also. What would we do without moms?

The Thatchers

You have been tagged...read my blog!!!